We’re sure you have questions. Go ahead and find the answers.

General Housing Questions

Who can live at River Trail Village (RTV)?

All students 18 years of age or older at the time of move-in and enrolled at Napa Valley College are eligible. Preference is given to those registered for at least six units per semester. Apply for Admissions HERE. NVC faculty and staff are welcome to live in building 1, our unfurnished apartments. Apply for Admissions HERE.

Do you offer gender-inclusive housing?

Yes! We allow students to live with roommates/suitemates of their choosing, regardless of gender, as long as the request is mutual. We also have gender-inclusive community bathrooms in our residence hall. Please contact us at (707)294-1210 for more information.

How are roommates matched?

Roommate matching happens a couple different ways- through a program called RoomSync, which will allow you to create your matching profile and set lifestyle and housing preferences. Then you can search and browse to find potential roommates by preference or names. If you don't have roommates in mind, we are happy to do the matching for you! We look closely at the information both you and your potential roommates have provided in your application and work to find people that have the same or similar preferences. Although we don't guarantee a perfect match, you can rest assured that we do our best to find you a great roommate.

Will there be kitchens at River Trail Village?

The apartments in buildings 1 & 2 have full kitchens, and there are community kitchens in the residence hall in building 3. Additionally, there will be enhanced vending options in the community that will include fresh, healthy food options

Are pets allowed?

Only approved services animals and emotional support animals are permitted in RTV. Service and emotional support animals must be approved by the College. Please visit the NVC Disability Services Website for more information.

What furniture is included?

The residence hall (building 3) and furnished student apartments (building 2) come fully furnished. The residence hall rooms include an extra-long twin bed, desk, desk chair, wardrobe, and (2) two-drawer dressers. Furnished Students Apartments in building 2 include a full-size bed(studio and 4x2 units) or a twin-xl bed(2x2 units), desk, desk chair, sofa, coffee table, television stand, and side table. A kitchen table with chairs and an arm chair are provided in the 2 and 4 bedroom units. Apartments in both buildings 1 and 2 include a stainless-steel oven, refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher, and a garbage disposal. Apartments in building 1 include an in-unit washer and dryer. A laundry room is available on each floor in buildings 2 and 3.

Can additional furniture be brought into the apartment?

For building 1 (unfurnished apartments), you are welcome to bring furniture and other items as this is not included in your agreement. For buildings 2 (furnished apartments) and building 3 (residence hall), you are welcome to bring additional furniture with you to the site, however, if you wish to replace the already provided furniture, it will be your responsibility to make sure that all original furniture is present at move-out. *The rate is listed per unit. ADA accessible units available. Please contact the office for more details.*

What if I want an unfurnished unit but do not have furniture?

River Trail Village has partnered with CORT Furniture Rental. Packages start as low as $129/month. See CORT for more details.

What rental terms are available?

We are currently offering a 12 installment rental term (August - July) with the opportunity to renew for additional 12 installment term. We also offer a limited number of 10 installment rental terms (August - May). These are at a premium and available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please contact us to find out if the 10 installment rental term is available for the floor plan you have selected.

Do I need a guarantor?

River Trail Village requires a guarantor. A guarantor is someone who will be financially responsible for your license agreement, typically a parent or guardian. The guarantor must reside in the United States and be at least 25 years of age. Residents can self-qualify. Please contact us at (707)294-1210 for more information.

Are all utilities included in rent?

The rates are all inclusive and include all utilities (electric, water, sewer, trash, and internet).

Can I live at River Trail Village if I am married or have children?

Yes, we are currently allowing families and or partners to live with a currently enrolled Napa Valley College student, so long as they are enrolled with the College. Please call our office for further details.

Who do I contact if I need modifications or an accommodation for my room?

Please contact the NVC Disability Support Programs and Services Office by phone (707) 256-7345 or email [email protected].

Will Financial Aid cover the cost of rent?

If you receive financial aid, it may cover or help cover the cost of housing. This information sheet can help folks understand some the financial aid resources available and the best case scenario if you receive the maximum amount of federal and state financial aid. This is for informational purposes only. The most accurate determination is after all Financial Aid documents are processed. Please contact a Financial Aid Specialist for more information.